Cosplay, a compound word of costume and play,is the activity or practice of dressing up as a character from a work of fiction (such as a comic book, video game, or television show).A lot of people like cosplay very much, but still many do not know cosplay etiquette. Here are some small tips about what you are allowed or not allowed to do in the convention.
1. Do cosplay the character you like.Let your imagination be given into full play and embrace your character.
Don’t be afraid that you have to look exactly like the character you want to play (like race or gender). You have every right to shape a character you love.
2. Do ask a picture from cosplayers. As long as you respectfully ask them to take a photo with you, they will not have any problems.
Do not take pictures of others without consent. If you try to take a photo from behind, or if someone feels tired, they may not be able to take a photo with you.
3. Do ask cosplayer where they bought their costume or how they made it. Praise their clothing, for a small compliment will make them happy all day.
Don’t compare their clothes to others. It is considered a disrespect for cosplayers because they have been working hard to make their costumes and props.
4. Do meet many friends. Building friendships at conventions is a great way to get to know each other.
Don’t be snobbish or rude to others. As mentioned above, criticizing other people’s clothing or props can hurt others’ feelings because they have invested a lot of time to design their clothes. In other words, be considerate and polite to others.
5. Do participate in a role-playing competition. This is an effective way to enhance your confidence and show everyone your outstanding role play. Whether you are participating in the cosplay competition for the first time or for many times, you must have confidence in your cosplay.
Don’t be afraid to stand out. At the beginning, performing in front of the audience will make you nervous, but the more you participate in the cosplay competition, the better your self-esteem will be enhanced.
6. Do remind yourself that everyone looks great in cosplay, no matter what their size. Confidence is the key. Never let opponents make you feel worse than yourself. So you are not alone. You don’t need a certain weight or height to be like your character. Cosplay is to make you have fun and not let anyone change you.
Don’t let other cosplayers get shamed. A person can’t control his appearance, just like you can’t control your appearance. Be respectful and polite at all times, we must treat others with dignity and respect.
7. Do follow and pay attention to the rules of the conventions before you attend . The dress code for each convention is different, so please follow suit. If you are not sure what is not allowed, what is not allowed, don’t feel embarrassed to ask. Doing so can save you a lot of time on the day.
Don’t break the rules at the convention, and don’t be rude to the staff and those who work hard to organize the event.Please pay attention to your words and deeds, the most important thing is to have fun.
Hope the above small tips may help you.If you do not want to spent too much time on the costume, please go to Ccosplay.com to buy high-quality costumes all made in hands.New styles added on a weekly basis. All our products are at very competitive price. We also accept Commission orders. If you are interested in some of the items or place an order from us, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Champion of Cosplay Sells Featured Cosplay Costume, Fastest Delivery, 24/7 Online Service!