Almost each Rocket League fan wants to improve their skill in the game so that he can score more goals and upgrade a high rank. There are plenty of guides on the Internet, but all of them should be based on your skills on car control. Here are some small tips that we find from a reddit user for skill improvement.
Predicting where the ball will go when no other cars are involved
When someone hits a ball, everyone starts to think: when can I hit this? If it’s a simple slow ground hit, pretty much any player will be able to determine where it’s going and when they should try to hit it. Now imagine a hard clear heading for the wall or the ceiling. They’re harder to predict. But if you know where it will end up, especially if it will be hitting a surface or two, you’ll be able to beat your opponents to the challenge. At lower ranks, players tend to wait for the ball to finish bouncing off of surfaces before they think about going for it.
General positioning and player awareness
Rotation implies that the person who has just hit the ball should immediately rotate to the last man back position. At higher ranks you’ll want to sometimes cheat up to receive a pass. Anyway, plenty of resources for learning this; I won’t get into it here. The most important part of positioning is understanding where your teammates are and what they are trying to do. If you are also aware of where your opponents are, you will have a good idea of what can happen next, and what you should be doing.
1. Basic: jump, boost, dodge. This is your basic low aerial that comes with a forward dodge at the end. I’m sure you’re already okay at these. Make sure you dodge forward into the ball right before you hit it, so you still hit the ball with the front bumper.
2. High/fast: jump, boost+jump, continue to boost. This is a “fast” aerial. Sometimes, I end up double-jumping and not getting a perfect fast aerial, but honestly it’s not a huge deal. The important thing is that you use both of your jumps and are able to fly to meet high balls.
3. Air roll shots: quite often, you need to incorporate air rolling in order to get the ball where you want, or to make shots easier. Examples: aerials off the wall (they are made easier if you can air roll), aerials where you’re coming from an odd angle, etc. there are really endless examples. Almost any shot or aerial hit that you make can be improved by re-orienting your car using air roll.
4. Multi-touch aerials: Not so much air dribbles (though they are a fun and satisfying mechanic, they don’t really work very often, especially if you go for more than one of them per game). Mostly talking about double touches here. I’m not sure of the best packs to practice these.
1. Dribbles. Best practiced in free play, honestly.
2. Chip ‘n chase: chip a rolling ball into the air, follow with an aerial. This is a great tool when you don’t have a better idea of what to do with the ball. At lower ranks, you can score with impunity if you are presented with a roller.
3. Shooting. This might blur into the territory of low/basic aerials. It is really, really important to be able to put a variety of balls on net. Higher, faster shots are preferable.
4. Half volleys, a.k.a. boomers. Hitting a ball just after a bounce will give you a ton of power. This is because a ball has upward momentum after a bounce, and when you hit it, you give it upward and forward momentum. Ordinary falling lobs have downward momentum, which you must counter with your hit. Get good at aiming these hits because they can be extremely dangerous clears/passes/shots.
If you want to buy cheap RL Items for a good gameplay experience? Lolga.com is definitely your best choice. With over 9 years of experience in Rocket League trading, we offer cheap Rocket League Items to players all over the world. Fast delivery, secure transaction and best customer service are guaranteed to each client. We have what you need and more! No matter you are buying or selling Rocket League Items on our site, we do hope you will be pleased with our service! If you have any problem on buying cheap RL Items, please feel free to contact us via our 24/7 online live chat!